Power Lines

Power lines have ruined more than one beautiful photo for me.  Perhaps "ruined" is too strong a word, but I often find myself imagining how a picture would look without those blasted black lines running through it.  

Yesterday as I was driving to school, I couldn't help but notice the very dramatic clouds.  The sun shining through them was amazing and the light on the mountains was gorgeous.  I wasn't running late, so I made a u-turn (completely legal!) and got out to take a few shots.  As I was making the reverse u-turn to go in the direction of work, I was struck by how beautiful the clouds and light looked on a barn along route 340, right where the turnaround spot is.  Of course, I rolled down the window and took a few more photos. 


May 1
When I got to school, I uploaded the photos from  my camera to the computer and I absolutely loved this one....except for the stupid power lines.  I tried to get rid of them with photo editing, but I'm not proficient enough to make it look natural.  

This morning, I decided to try a different angle and I pulled up into the lane and took some pictures.  The clouds and the light weren't as fantastic, but at least the power lines aren't visible!


May 2

I wish that you could still see the lane, but it's a decent shot.



I love this snow shot from my front yard a few years ago.  The power lines don't bother me as much, but they're still THERE.


I suppose the reality is that I live where there are power lines and they're inevitably going to show up in a picture or two.  So NO MORE WHINING.  Well, for today.

Comments

Popular Posts